December in photographs


So December. What a full on month hey? I do love this time of year and the build up to Christmas, there's that sort of excitement in the air and everyone is a little bit jollier. Until it all becomes too much, and the stress of it all breaks out, so as our weekends quickly filled up with trips, visits and tasks we took the opportunities to take it slow whenever they arose.

I had surgery at the beginning of the month, and to be honest it knocked me harder than I anticipated. I was exhausted. Add that to the rising amount of things I needed to do and remember, for school, Christmas and general life that I was so happy when school finally broke up. We had a few days of just the three of us, Theo saw a friend a few afternoons which gave me a little more time too. But anything compared to the craziness of moving house five days before Christmas as we did last year was better, so I reminded myself daily that at least we weren't unpacking boxes and building furniture!

We saw snow twice, the first time for Rohan, and Theo got his wish that he'd been hoping for for so long. We didn't get much at all, but a few days after Christmas we did get enough to do a little sledging up the big hill behind our village and gave Theo and I the chance to spend time together and blow out those cobwebs that being stuck inside over a rainy Christmas gives you!

I'm trying so hard to remember what else happened over the past month, but it all sort of blurs into a haze of business, visitors, eating too much, wintery walks, evenings at the pub, celebrating my birthday and staying inside being cosy. It's taken me quite a while to get back into the swing of things to be honest. I know that I want to put a bit more effort into this blog this year, as I feel what with starting my business, editing photo sessions and general life that this place became a little neglected. Fingers crossed I can keep up with it!



Here's a little video I made too, you can check out more of December on my youtube channel, as we attempted vlogmas (and made it up to day twelve! hah!)

Comments

Popular Posts