An Autumn outfit with Glasses Direct


It's finally here isn't it? Autumn has arrived and I couldn't be happier. It's not just about the colours (even though they still take my breath away time I see a beautiful tree turning various shades of red and orange) for me it's that feeling of a fresh new start, of shedding the old and making changes. I love this time of year though when the evenings are getting colder and the mornings are crisp. It's that back to school feeling and getting organised for the months ahead.

Firstly, the change I love the most - Autumn Outfits! I get so excited about finally being able to wear tights again, to dig out my jumpers and knitwear and throw on pinafores and dungaree dresses and pretend I'm going back to school. It does end up being like some sort of uniform, but I love it. I have a pretty substantial collection of vintage floral shirts and I love pairing them with denim or black dresses. This time of year though is all about layering, as it can still be surprisingly warm (like this day!) when you go out bundled up in a big cardigan only to be sweating a few minutes later! I learnt my lesson, but I was so happy to be able to walk comfortably around in just a shirt and dress for most of the day.


Since I've started my new photography business I find that I'm spending more time looking at a screen editing lots of lovely pictures for people (and for myself!) and I felt like I needed to get my eyes seen as it had been a year or two since my last check. It turned out my suspicion was right and I needed a slightly stronger prescription than my old glasses, so I'm glad I got my eyes checked out.

After I got my prescription I decided to have a look at Glasses Direct again, as I've used their service before and have always found it efficient and great value. I also love the range of glasses on offer, and the fact that even though it's an online service you can order up to four frames to try on at home before you order them with a prescription. If you're anything like me I always feel a but pressured and panic at the opticians when looking at frames, and I like to take my time in deciding and see what they look like in better light, which is important I think when you're potentially going to spend £100+ on something. So I ended up deciding on four (but it was so hard to narrow it down!) and ordered my 7 day home trial through the website. I then turned to my Instagram stories to get some advice from you lovely lot on what suited me best! I eventually, with your help, decided on the Scout 'East' Glasses in dark tortoise shell. Ordering couldn't be easier, as when you like a frame you can just click "add to my home trial" which you can then go on and order. Then once you receive your home trial you have 7 days to try them on, and then free postage return.

Once you decide on your favourite frame you can order them using the online form. You simply choose your frame (which are stored in your home trail basket) then choose what lenses and package you want, and then add your prescription. Putting in my prescription was really easy (even if you have no idea what it means!) as you just input the specific numbers from your prescription into the corresponding boxes on the form. You then have the option to choose extras for your lenses to protect them from scratches etc. After reading up about the types of lenses I opted for the Blue reflect lenses, which is a protective coating that aims to reflect blue light and glare from screens from entering your eyes, which for me was important as I spend quite a lot of my time looking at screens.


I really love the look of these glasses, they're slightly larger than my other frames which I really like as it's always good to try something new right?! They feel really great quality, and after putting my prescription they were with me in a week. If you want to get £30 off your order with Glasses Direct then follow this link!

The rest of my outfit is:

Pinafore dress: Monki
Floral shirt: Vintage
Shoes: Converse



This post is in association with Glasses Direct and I received the glasses in return for the service review. All thoughts, words and images are my own and I really do think it is a great service! 


Comments

Popular Posts