twenty-six / fifty-two


Half way on this little journey through the year, and we couldn't be busier. Last week we enjoyed what would be our last proper week in our old house. We finally completed on our first ever owned home, and over the weekend we've been busy ripping up carpets and taming the garden. The next few weeks and months are going to be pretty hectic, and I feel bad that there's not going to be a lot of time to spend savouring quiet moments with this goof ball. 

This week also marks me taking a little step back from the blog whilst all of this occurs. I am aiming to pop by for the weekly portrait, with little updates, and possibly a post here and there but other than that it's going to be a little quiet. I've been feeling at a sort of loss with the whole blogging world of late, questioning my place in it, and what I want to achieve and gain from it. I'm constantly in two minds, and even though I do love it, and the community it brings, some of the time I think it's not for me. I find it hard to fully engage in this online world and feel like a bit of a fraud on occasion. I appreciate every single reader and people who take the time to comment (even though blogger won't let me reply to comments?!) and it's been amazing to see this space grow. I still have lots I want to share and write about, but for now, real life is more important. I want to enjoy this momentous occasion in our little families story, and any spare moment is going to be spent giving attention Theo. 

I'll be back, I'm sure, and I hope so will you! 

In the mean time you can find me over on Instagram (@goldteeth), capturing the journey! 

Comments

  1. I love the little knees and hands on this post and do hope that you'll be posting updates about the house as i would love to read about it. Don't stop sharing photo's, I think I'd miss it too much! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too much to say in response to this...! Firstly - I think you'll be so pleased looking back at all the 52 project photos - you have such a talent! Wish I'd kept up more this year. Secondly - I urge you to document your little house - if not here then somewhere as I really regret not doing more when we were renovating here... and finally I think I know what you mean about blogging - or, at least I feel very much like I don't know what I'm doing with my blog/why etc and definitely don't feel like I'm 'doing it properly' whatever that is. Will miss your updates though. Huge congrats on the house and enjoy making it into your home! x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Why not leave a comment?!

Popular Posts