Montessori at home

Following on from our little exploration of leaves and seeds a few weeks ago I thought it would be fun to try and create some trees of our own. I wanted to talk about the way trees change during the seasons, and try and recreate them using different colours and materials. 

We mixed up some paint together, creating some different colours we might find in the seasons and used cotton buds (a pencil with a rubber would work well too!) to create the leaves, encouraging fine motor skills. We also tore up tissue paper to create blossom and painted apples. It was a fun little activity! 



(Sorry for the terrible quality photos, I only had my phone to hand!) 

Comments

  1. great idea - love how they turned out x {also... really loving that tray!!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome idea! and seconded with polly, love the tray too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, I love them. The tray is fab too! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your weekly Montessori posts - so simple, fun and creative and a great way for toddlers and young children to explore colour

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good ol IKEA tray, I have that one too :) cute little trees x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like lots of fun - mine love painting and creating so would love to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely idea, you're so imaginative with your craft activities. F loves any activity that involves glue! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely activity and no apologies needed for the photos. As they say, the best camera is the one you have on you. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these posts - I find them really inspirational, and although we all do crafts together, I would never have thought of making our own trees!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Why not leave a comment?!

Popular Posts