big things


So for the past few months, well since before Christmas really things have been a little crazy over here. I've started a new job, we've both been working overtime and our free time has been spent looking for houses to buy. But I'm so excited to share with you, that we found a house (about the fourth we made an offer on!) and all is going through smoothly (fingers and toes doubly crossed!)

I know perhaps I shouldn't share until everything is 100% confirmed, but its been ages since we've known and I'm just too excited by it all to keep it in any more. 

We are so incredibly lucky to be in this position, with very generous family helping us, because let's face it, there would be absolutely no way we would be able to do this without it. Hopefully this new start will mean that things from now on will be a little smoother and stable, in terms of finance and planning into the future. Owning our own home has been a dream of ours for such a long time, and to be honest we never expected it to come true! Not this soon anyway! 

Sometimes I just can't believe the way my life has panned out. If you'd told me 5 years ago that by 27 I'd be married, with a child and about to own my first home, I would have laughed in your face and gallivanted away over the Welsh hills, but here I am. And here I'll stay...(let the storm rage on, the cold never bothered me anyway) Sorry, what?

So anyway, back to real life. I've been busy dreaming, planning and of course pinning my way to our future home. Even though we're not going to have tons of money to throw at the new house and make it into our dream home, I'm just so excited that we can decorate it exactly how we want, and plan for changes in the future. Because we can, because it will be ours! 

All I can think about are carpet free floors, white walls and lots of light. Our new house isn't huge, so we need to utilise space and light really well. Hopefully all we will need to do begin with is strip floors and walls and repaint and here's some my inspiration board on Pinterest: 

Follow Abigail Oliver's board Home sweet home on Pinterest.


But all I am really dreaming of is a new kitchen! We are going to be loosing a little bit of living space downstairs (but gaining a bedroom!) but the future plan is to extend out and create a lovely kitchen with a breakfast room which I would hope would be the main living space in the house. I've been lusting over big open spaces, with room for a large table, shelving for books, toys and crafts and lots of light. I would love to put in big roof windows such as these from VELUX online  to really make the most of the light and make it feel airy and big!)

I'm in love with this kitchen and living space from one of my all time favourite (and inspiring) blogs Junkaholique. I've also got a separate board on Pinterest just for all my kitchen lusting! 

Follow Abigail Oliver's board Kitchen love on Pinterest.



So there you have it, our big news. I'm so excited for the next few months, hoping everything goes well and ready to start making our first home. I can't wait to share our progress with you!



This post contains sponsored links

Comments

  1. How exciting!! Love the burst into Let It Go too, it's in my head every minute of every day at the moment! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting! Look forward to seeing what you pin. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic news, congratulations. I look forward to hearing seeing more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so exciting! Congratulations to you three. And thanks for that, I'm now singing bloody Frozen again xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, well done you! hope everything goes well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your enthusiasm is infectious, Abigail! You're lucky to have all the good things work together in your work, family, and new home. I'm so excited to see all your inspirations come to reality. I'll be waiting for your new house tour! Congratulations! :)

    Julio Oyola

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha, Frozen outbursts are what my life is made of these days!

    YAYAYAY - so excited (can't believe it's the 4th house though, ouch!) but such good news it's all going smoothly! Love the new look too, beautiful :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. exciting!!! i'd love to buy a house, but we're lucky our landlords don't mind us doing lots of decorating ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So exciting! totally loving your pinterest boards too! You're making me want my own home now :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. We just bought our first home in Bristol last September. A dream that for a long time we also thought would never come true and only made possible by a lot of saving and even more family help. Like you're planning, we stripped the floors and painted everything white - so great after years of renting with magnolia walls and bad carpets. I have my fingers crossed for you. First time commenting but I've been popping over to your lovely blog for a while, Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, congratulations! It's so exciting to buy your first home. Hope it all goes through quickly (and smoothly!) Planning all the decorating is a lot of fun x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Why not leave a comment?!

Popular Posts