a little gift ...


 When I was contacted by Thorntons to gift a box of chocolates to someone special I of course leapt at the chance. I didn't really have to think hard about who I would like to give them to, as I knew straight away that it would be my dear mother!


I'm lucky to have a good relationship with my mum and of course have her around in my own journey of motherhood. When I was pregnant and had just finished University I went to live with her in the summer before moving down to Bristol to live with Rob. She was there when Theo was born and has already done so much to help for our little family. My mum will always try her hardest to help us out, take Theo off our hands when we need it most and offer advice when I'm feeling a little lost.

But these aren't the only reasons I felt like I needed to say thank you and to give a little gift to her. Over ten years ago my mum suffered with a stroke, thankfully because of her young age she survived but it wasn't without it's effects. She was no longer able to work or even drive and a massive part of her independence was taken away. I can't really imagine how hard it must be to have your life rocked by something like that and have to re-build the way you live your life. She still suffers from conditions related but I am amazed at how much my Mum has managed to achieve. Along with her husband Andy, (who you may remember got married last year!) they have travelled, moved house and created a beautiful garden. My mum has also gone back to college to study art and has created lots of beautiful pottery and paintings. It makes me feel really proud to see her doing what she loves, creating and studying art and being able to follow her passion. 

So here's to you mumma, thanks for everything you do!

Thank you to Thorntons for providing me with this opportunity! 

Comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Why not leave a comment?!

Popular Posts