cornwall adventures: day two part two

After our trip and walk around Tintagel castle we had most definitely worked up an appetite, so on some recommendations from friends we headed to the lovely small town of Padstow about half an hour south of Tintagel.

We drove back through beautiful country lanes and eventually came across the town with it's picturesque harbour. Although famed for its many Rick Stein restaurants and various establishments we visited Cherry Trees coffee house instead with good reviews from friends! And we certainly were not disappointed! The cafe itself is very sweet, and lid out in a sort of diner type way, with seating all around the edge of the room. The staff were so accommodating and attentive, bringing us a chalk board for Theo to doodle on, and being patient with me (well me!) when we couldn't decide what to have, it all sounded so good!

When the food arrived we were all watering at the mouth, Rob and Paul shared a fish platter, my sister a goats cheese and caramelised pear salad, I had a burger and Theo fish goujons and potatoes. The presentation and the quality of the food was outstanding, and it's fair to say that we ate every last bit! unfortunately we didn't have time for cake or the knicker-bocker-glorys I had my eye on, but if we are ever back there I will be sure to pay it a visit again, the cream teas looked particularly tempting too!

We then had a walk around the pretty lanes and back streets, admiring the buildings and sweet little shops. We of course stopped for ice cream and the sun made an appearance as we were leaving and the water side just looked perfect!


I cannot rave enough about how much we enjoyed our short visit to Padstow, I would love to go back and explore a little more!


Comments

Popular Posts