bristol adventures


So since I am trying to get myself out of this rut I've been in, I've been trying really hard to motivate myself to get out the house and do fun things with Theo, on my own. I think sometimes I lost my confidence to be able to go out and enjoy things with Theo because I felt shy about being on my own (well being the only adult) and not going to meet a friend or being with Rob. If I didn't have something planned in the day I would feel horrible and bored. Theo would get bored too and we'd both just end up in a horrid mood by the time Rob came home from work. So I decided enough is enough, and I need to kick myself up the arse and get out.

Because Rob has to work every Sunday now I have made a conscious decision to make myself do something productive, so I don't feel down that everyone else is out doing 'family' things together, and I'm not. It doesn't matter that Rob isn't with us, we can still do family things, just without him!

I've been also trying to do things that are free, or don't cost a lot at all. Funds have never been big to go and do things, and as much as I would love to spend the day at the zoo, that's £15 I can't afford. So on Sunday we headed to a church playgroup with a friend, and even though we aren't christian, it's great to have somewhere to go to with lots of friendly people. After this I headed into the centre, and have a walk so Theo could sleep. We spent nearly two hours in the park, whilst he slept, then we had a play. We then had a little bit of lunch (need to make a picnic next time!) before heading to Bristol Museum. I think we must have spent 2 or 3 hours in there, walking around the exhibits, having a break in the cafe with a muffin before going to look round the stuffed animals. It was great. And had I bought my own lunch it would have cost virtually nothing for a whole days entertainment.

So the next day was bank holiday Monday, and again Rob had to work, so I was still determined not to be depressed that he wasn't at home like everyone else. So I raided our piggy bank (literally) to get enough money for the bus fare, and Theo and I set off on our adventure into town again, this time to the M shed.



We've been a few times before, but I feel that Theo is more of the right age to start enjoying the museum a lot more. The M shed is a sort of modern history museum of Bristol, of it's areas, people, trades and culture. It's really hands on, and is great for kids to run around. We were very lucky to see the steam train when we arrived, which Theo of course loved!

We had a great time! It did get a bit busy towards to end, due to the fact that it was tipping it down outside. But we made a run for it, and stopped off at the Arnofini cafe for a little treat...


yum! Hope everyone else had a great bank holiday weekend (I know it was a while ago now!)

Comments

  1. He's getting so big! I still can't believe that I haven't met him yet... and I haven't seen you for too long either! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will come visit kent when you are back (are you moving to canterbury?!) and you can meet him then! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Why not leave a comment?!

Popular Posts