this little boy of mine


So it happened, my tiny little baby boy has turned a big fat 18 months. That's half way to two, half way to being definitely not a baby anymore. I can't believe the journey we've been on, since the first little flutters of movements in my belly, to holding him in my arms, to him turning a year and all the milestones along the way.

How can I be a mum to a toddler already? A chattering, climbing, running, naughty, clever, funny, cheeky, hugging, snogging, monster of a toddler. It's safe to say that this little boy makes my day everyday. The days might not be easy, they're tiring and sometimes a little frustrating, but I would never ever swap them for anything. Watching Theo grow and learn has been the most amazing experience of my life, and I have never been prouder of anything.

These last few months have been challenging and amazing. Watching Theo soak up everything is fascinating, his speech and vocabulary is coming along so well now, and it seems as though he learns a new word or sound every few days. He understands pretty much everything I say to him and can respond in his own way. Today I asked him if he wanted to go to the park and his face light up, and he screeched in excitement. It's just astonishing how fast he grows and changes, and I just can't wait until we can have conversations and play games for hours creating our own little worlds.

So we made it, all in one piece, so far to this momentous age...and I think it's fair to say it keeps on getting better (and Theo keeps on getting even more handsome...)

oh and p.s we received a ball in the post today, which was such a lovely surprise and Theo went crazy with excitement for about 10 minutes (not an exaggeration) and screeched the house down! But there wasn't a note and I didn't recognize the handwriting, so whoever it was, thank you so much!! (and please make yourself known, the mystery is killing me!)

Comments

  1. He is a super handsome boy! I can't believe Henry is 18 months too... I need this time to slow down a little, it's going too fast!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Why not leave a comment?!

Popular Posts