Recently around here...

As you can see I haven't really been around here recently, yet again taking a little break from the internet. I think I have a very on/off relationship with the internet, or at least social media. I keep up to date with the blogs I follow, but some times I like to just switch off and take some time to think and enjoy life away from the internet, then other times I really like to blog and get things off my chest or share things with other people.

 I read this post by Jenny about a similar subject, and it really hit home with me. Sometimes (most of the time) I feel constantly guilty that I'm not blogging or broadcasting my every thought on twitter, and even feel like I'm missing out on things and losing some of my 'online' identity because I'm not on it everyday, keeping up with everyone's conversations and news. I used to go on twitter quite a lot, mostly when I was nursing Theo and had nothing else to do, and I found a good group of mums and other friends to chat to. But slowly as the nursing sessions decreased I found myself going on it less and less, and now I never go on it, unless to post blogs or Instagram photos, or reply to people. I feel I'm totally out of the loop with everything going on, and even feel sometimes that because I'm not on there constantly it's sort of like I don't exist anymore. That got me thinking a bit about it all, and I find it strange. I know that in real life friendships or even acquaintances don't work like that, I mean I can not talk to my closest friends for months, but know that when we do our friendships won't have dwindled and I don't have to constantly work at keeping them up. I've never 100% thrown myself into social media or the internet (I'm not the type of person who can spend hours and hours just looking at stuff on it, I don't really know where to start so I get bored) and I prefer keeping up to date, and saving things to talk about to have a good catch up face to face with people. (I know this only works with people who live near you, and the internet and especially twitter is great at finding like-minded good friends to talk to who live miles and miles away) But for me that's the way I prefer to do things. I don't know, but I think I'm getting lazy in my old age and I've become a bit of a recluse. (This is in no way meant as any offense to anyone who regularly uses twitter, I do think it's great, but just that I'm probably a bit too lazy to keep up to date with it all, and I've never been any good at putting myself out there)

Sorry that was a bit of an untended rant?!

Also the weather has probably turned me into a bit of a hermit, ever since the beginning of April it has seemed as though it's literally rained everyday, nearly all day. I'm not going to moan, because I do quite like the rain and it is needed to make everything bloom and grow, but I am looking forward to some sunshine again so we can spend more time outside again. So yeh we haven't been up to that much, mainly just meeting up with friends at playgroups and soft play places and having catch ups, going swimming, getting visits from family, watching Cebeebies and eating peanut butter on toast and spending way too much time in Ikea...So here are some Instagram photos to give you an idea of what we've been up to recently!

1&2
3&4
5&6
7&8
9&10
11&12
13&14
15&16
17&18
19&20
21&22
1&2 lounging around & my little garden helper (hanging the washing out with the only bit of sun for weeks!)
3&4 Saturday swimming & morning conversations
5&6 playing cleanup & making a mess
7&8 a walk to the park in the freak sunshine & napping
9&10 waiting for a delivery & sweeping
11&12 baby jail & ball pall fun with friends
13&14 playing Xbox like daddy & new vintage dress (£2.75!)
15&16 Cebeebies and peanut butter & his and hers shoes
17&18 morning yoga & making more mess
19&20 fingers in nostrils & pretending to be daddy
21&22 more lounging & more swimming with daddy


(some of these photos are really old!)

Hopefully I will get back into the swing of blogging soon, I think I need to have a little rethink about the content of my blog and what I really want to write about. I feel sometimes its hard to just write down my thoughts and feelings like I used to, it's like I'm too conscious now of what I'm writing and who is reading. It's weird! 






Comments

  1. It's like you read my mind! Sometimes we all just need a break and it's your blog so if you want to be offline for a bit, we'll all still be here when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh thanks, glad you'll still be here! Yeh I think it's important to step back and have a bit of a breather!

      Delete
  2. okay, these pictures are all absolutely adorable! especially that sleeping one. precious!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks, it's hard not to take lots of photos of him all the time!

      Delete
  3. Glad to see you're back and hope you enjoyed your break! I often wonder if I would be such a Social Media broadcaster if I didn't also do it for a job ;) x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Why not leave a comment?!

Popular Posts