The weekend away

whoops, it's nearly been a week since I last posted..sorry! I don't know where it's gone. But warning, this is a very photo heavy post!

We were at my dads last weekend and returned home on Tuesday evening. I was planning to go by myself, but at the last minute Rob got signed off sick from the doctors because of his ears. For those who don't know, he's had bad hearing for well over a year now, and finally had his operation to have grommits put in his ears to drain all the excess fluid..yuk yuk...the operation went well, but his hearing is even worse now, and his ears are taking ages to clear. He went back to work, but couldn't hear anything, so got sent home. So I decided that it best he come away with me so I could look after him! We got back expecting him to return to work, but he has been signed off for another week. It's been lovely to be able to have him around more, despite him not being able to hear very well..good for him as this week Theo's favourite thing to do is screech at the top of his voice, when he's happy, when he's sad, when he's tired, when he's excited....it's a noise to describe everything, according to Theo.

Also this week Rob was able to take Theo out for the afternoon so I could get down to some serious making. As I mentioned before me and mumma friend Kimberlee have hatched an exciting plan, but we still can't really reveal much about it until its official (don't want some nasty internet type stealing our ideas!) but it involves pretty fabric, a sewing machine and some knitting needles. It was lovely to have about 4 hours to myself. I could actually hear myself think for once, and it felt good to be using my brain and hands to be doing something other than wiping bums and feeding. I really am excited about this plan, hopefully it will work and will turn out to be the perfect solution for me still being able to stay at home with Theo and earn some money, whilst being creative and actually enjoying my job.



The weekend away was nice, we saw family and I saw my old friends.






My sister also stopped by on the Sunday, which was really nice. It was good to be back in my old home town, but also strange. None of my friends live there anymore, and the people I do know who still live there are still doing the same things they were doing 7 years ago, and that depresses me a little. But most of all it doesn't feel like home anymore, not at all. Which is good, because that means that I have a new home, in Bristol, in our flat. Something which I have been searching for since I left my old town 5 years ago to go to University. But it's always good to visit and especially to show Rob where I grew up.








It's a pretty nice place to come from to be fair, a quaint little market town in Essex. We were blessed with beautiful weather on most of the days too, and there was a 'maze' festival going on in the town that weekend too. On Sunday we spent the day walking around a maze, eating ice cream and hanging in a paddling pool, well Theo did anyway!







We went to Cambridge for the day too, just Rob and I, and Theo of course. We sat around in the park eating strawberries and cream, as you do darrrling.





and lots of fun with daddy!


We also went to see my uncle and aunty and cousins in the evening, to have dinner. It was really lovely. I rarely get time to see them, and really glad we made the effort to go and see them. It always really cozy and welcoming in their house, and good to sit around and have good chats with.

So we're back in good old rainy Bristol, getting up to our usual routine. Theo's been trying lots of new foods, as well as his favourites of peach and kiwi fruit. (we found LOTS of kiwi seeds in his nappy today, lovely!) Also found some pretty cool vintage books in the charity shops, which is always pleasing. (still need to do my book post!)









That's all for now, sorry for such a condensed update! It's been busy again. Theo's still not sleeping, but I'm just going to get on with it and hope that it's just a phase and it will pass. He's constantly changing, so even if we did try one method to try and get him to sleep, he will probably change the next week anyway and it would no longer work....So then, good night!

Comments

  1. Was so nice to see you dear cousin! And little smiley boy! And big smiley boy (rob) too of course! Wish you lived nearer so that we could do it all the time! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Why not leave a comment?!

Popular Posts