Whoops, just realised that I haven't posted since Sunday, I really don't know where this week has gone at all...

So we found out yesterday that all is ok to move on Monday, so we have been attempting to pack up today. Rob has been doing most of it, as I have to entertain/feed the babe. We have sort of run out of boxes too, so can't really do much more. I am really excited about moving, mainly because I feel like we need a spring clean anyway, because with the baby arriving we have accumulated to much stuff that has just been shoved into corners without a chance to sort anything out. Also it's going to be so nice to have that extra bedroom to put most of Theo's things in, because let's face it, he has more stuff than us already! I'm looking forward to having a bath, a gas cooker, sitting in the garden, getting our kitten, putting up pictures and shelves (we couldn't in this flat) and having something nicer to look at out of our windows. But I am sad to leave our flat, because it means a lot to me. It was the first place Rob and I moved to together, our first home. It was our first step towards independence and being 'grown ups'. I went into labour here, and this was Theo's first home. So that's a whole lot of big firsts that I won't easily forget. I have really enjoyed living here and already have fond memories! So farewell our lovely little flat, I shall not forget you.


Some good news is that I got a response from the letter I wrote to Mama's and Papas complaining about the customer service, and they gave us a £50 gift card, result!

I'm pleased we got something out of it, because it was terrible and had me going on about it for weeks after it happened...So now I just have to think of what we need, which I think will be a travel cot of some sort...


So I'm not really sure what I did this week, it's gone ridiculously fast! Oh yeh, so on bank holiday Monday I went to Redland fair, just up the road from me. It was a really nice day again, and I went with my friend Clare and her husband. It was so busy when we got there though that we could barely push our prams around or look at the stalls, so we just got some lunch and sat on the floor soaking up the atmosphere.

It was a really nice day!

On Tuesday I went for a walk with my friend Jess, who has been away for 6 or 7 weeks, so it was really lovely to catch up and see how much her baby Ollie has changed!

On Thursday I took Theo swimming for the first time with my friend Sara and here bebe Jacob. After a bit of confusion over timetables we eventually got to the pool and got Theo undressed, we got into the pool and he was fine! He was even sort of smiling...he kicked around and I whizzed him through the water and bounced him around and he seemed fairly happy, which I'm really pleased about. I didn't have the guts to put him under, but maybe next time. After about 15 minutes he got a bit whiney, so we got out, then he started to scream because he was pretty hungry, I managed to get him and myself dressed in about 5 mins, super quick! I then had to rush over to the doctors to get his second lot of jabs. Once again he was smiling away at the nurse, completely oblivious to what was about to happen. He cried a little after the jabs, but nothing that a cuddle didn't solve, and has been ok since, which is a relief!

I think he also might be starting to teethe, because he has flushed cheeks, is dribbling lots, put EVERYTHING in his mouth, and has started to chomp down on my fingers. It doesn't seem to be hurting him too much, yet. He has been giggling so much more this week as well, and we can make it happen now by playing with him, it's so lovely! He really is a sweet happy baby!

I took some photos of him after his bath the other night, when he was having some 'tummy time'. I love them, as these are my favourite faces ...

He is getting cuter and cuter as he gets older! 14 weeks now!

So that's about all for now, might be a bit quiet again for a bit as we move and get sorted, so hang in there!


Popular Posts