Yesterday was dramatic, today is ok

So, today I feel a bit better. I think my hormones were playing up and I was just getting worried and wound up about little things, which in my head, then turned into big things. I know that being realistic it's not the right time to move into a flat of our own, and hopefully that time will come on its own without forcing it. I'm a great believer in things happening for a reason, and if it was right for us to be in a flat then it would be a little more possible. i just hope that it doesn't take too long for that time to come!

...

Yesterday I went for a coffee, well a cup of tea, with this women who suggested meeting up off of mumsnet.com. I put up a sort of ad, well just a post saying that I was new to Bristol and didn't really know anyone in a similar situation to me and wanted to know how to meet people. She messaged me and said that if I ever want to meet up for a coffee then that would be nice. So yesterday we did just that. She brought her 10month old son with her. He was ever so sweet and didn't make a sound the whole time. He either just sat staring at me or was asleep. I can't wait for the days when I can hang out with friends and have the little peach there just hanging out too.

Anyways, we talked all things preggo; labour, nappies, pregnancy dreams, family, money and just about everything! It was really nice actually, and really interesting to speak properly with someone who has been through the same thing. When I was at work later I was chatting to another really nice women who has just had a baby too. I find it very comforting!

...

Speaking of work I was trying to work out when I would go on maternity leave, and from talking to these couple of women it seems as though the normal time to go is about 32-34 weeks. Both said at 34 weeks they were ridiculously tired, and were really glad of the break. So if I did this, that would mean that I would be working for another 6-7 weeks and finishing at the beginning of December. This sounds good to me, as I get to leave just before things get horribly hectic up til Christmas. I can't imagine that I would be any help further than that anyway, because I imagine being on my feet for even 4 hours would start to become a no no. But as ever they have been really good and flexible at work, and said if I wanted to work more or less around that date then that's fine too. I should hopefully get around the same amount of money I'm on now, from the government for maternity pay, which is good! Also something else I need to sort out!

...

Things between Rob and I are really good at the moment. Yesterday I had a thought about how nice it is to be close to one person, and spend most of your time with them, and to just have that person who is your really really good friend. Of course we have our ups and downs, and things can be particularly stressful at the moment, but at the end of the day I'm so glad this is happening with him. We have been spending more time just talking and hanging out with the bump recently, so he has been able to see the baby kick and feel it a lot more. The baby is having a proper wriggle in there most of the time! At the moment I'm really enjoying it, it makes me smile when he kicks if I'm at work or out and about. It's like a little secret that we are sharing, and no-body else knows what is happening. I always try and say hello. the other day he was kicking, and me and Rob both said hello to him, and he kicked back straight after. Hopefully this was the bebe responding to our voices. How very exciting!

...

I have some slightly bad news, yesterday I discovered some small stretch marks on the bottom of my belly. I hope that they don't continue up towards my belly button! Also my belly button is coming out to say hello even more. It's strange because when I was little I used to play and fiddle with my belly button, and now I can do it again!

...

I finished painting the room next door, so all we have to do now is arrange when we can get a bed, then start moving! So hopefully that should happen in the next couple of weeks! Then it will be Halloween and then Bonfire night! I love LOVE this time of year, and it's suddenly got really cold, cold enough to wear a coat all the time, and perhaps even a scarf!

Right that's all for now! I shall try and take more photos soon!

Comments

  1. You used to suck your thumb also, is twiddling your belly button better or worse than twiddling La bel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. La Bel was Sarah. And both of them still thumb suck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think I have forgotten, I know who was belly button and who was La Bel I'm not that senile yet!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Why not leave a comment?!

Popular Posts