Nostalgia

Today I was looking through lots of old photos on facebook. Photographs of when me and all of my closest friends lived in my home town, Saffron Walden. It made me horribly nostagic, both happy and sad.

As I've been struggling a bit getting used to this new city, and not feeling as though I have any friends of my own here, I wish more than anything that I could just call up certain people and spend time with, because I know they would be exactly what I was looking for, and I yearn for that instant familiarity and at ease feel that you get when spending time with an old friend who knows you so well. It's strange to suddenly stop and look at where you are, and realise how much has actually changed, and the places and situations we are now in. It seems it all happened without you having much control over it, and then you suddlenly wake up and go..'hang on how did I end up in Bristol, expecting a baby in just over 3 months?' It seems a complete world away from the person I used to be, and I in no way could have predicted this for myself. Isn't life funny?

Anyway, I miss that comfort of having my family and my dearest friends around, and still after all these years I'm reluctant to admit that things have changed. Me and about 6 or 7 of my closest friends all live in separate cities, and even different countries. How did that happen? I mean we still all keep in contact, sometimes, and when we all see each-other it feels as though we haven't really been apart, so why then, have we all taken such different paths, that have led us to all these new places. It seems a shame that we can't all be in the same place, doing similar things.

Anyway I'm going to post lots of photos that I found on facebook!









































So here are lots of photos. Just want to say that I love everyone very much, and old and new friends!

Comments

  1. I miss you too Abbi, today the Australian man that I bought the house from came back to look at it as he may come back to the UK and while I was showing him round I rembered you coming here with me to see the house and also how happy we all felt. How time changes all, but you will be ok, just give it time, I'm sure you and Rob will find happiness, he's a good man. Love Dadxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Why not leave a comment?!

Popular Posts