My summer skincare and make up favourites

So Summer is finally here, well sort of it was, for a week and there's nothing like a new season to send me off to the shops in search of new colour palettes, make-up and skin care. Add that to the fact we've got two weddings coming up which is always a great excuse to pick up some new items for my collection.

I've not got a huge make up selection, and most of it does tend to be drugstore as much as I would love to be able to afford higher end, I just can't. But that being said there are still some great products to use. The change in seasons usually plays havoc with my skin, and all this humid weather definitely doesn't help the condition of my skin so I do try and keep my make up light, and my skin well hydrated. I've been trying out these new products from Green People, which are part of their new Organic and scent free product range specially for sensitive skin. Perfect for me then! I always love Green People products as I can guarantee that they won't be harmful for my skin, and full of great ingredients.  I've been trying the Light day moisturiser and the Sensitive hydrating serum specifically. I've only really just started to take my skincare routine seriously, but from just reading some of the benefits of using the serum and the moisturiser I was excited to try them out. I've always suffered with eczema, and whilst in recent years luckily it has seemed to calmed down on my face, I still like to know the products I'm using aren't going to irritate my skin and actually the natural ingredients providing extra benefits that other less natural products wouldn't. So after using these for the past few weeks I can say that I'm really happy with them, the moisturiser is light and absorbs really well and my skin feels soft and hydrated all day. The serum goes on so easily and you only have to use a small amount. I love knowing that I've got really good ingredients going on my face, even if the rest of my make up isn't quite as natural.

Other than skin care I've been loving trying out a few new lipsticks, or rather lip products as I've been after something that stays put on my lips. I love the matte look so have found the Sleek lipgloss and No.7 lip crayon work really well. I've also been trying to embrace the world of bronzer and contour, and have joined the grown up world of finally investing in some decent brushes too! The others are just a few of my make up bag staples, easy to use, affordable with good results.

Items from clockwise:

Green People light day moisturiser // Green People sensitive hydrating serum // Benefit Gimme Brow // Max Factor Creamy blush in Soft pink // Real Techniques expert face brush and sculpting brush // No 7 Matte lip crayon in Raspberry red // Max factor skin luminizer // Mac retro matte in All fired up // Sleek matte lipgloss // Benefit Roller lash // Benefit Hoola bronzer // Collection lasting perfection concealer in fair  // 17 Eyeshadow Palette in Birthday suit  

Comments

Popular Posts