Mothers day

 photo IMG_3001_zpshr3m8946.jpg

So that was mother's day. We had a pretty busy weekend all in all, with my mum and Andy coming to stay for weekend to celebrate. I've been feeling pretty under the weather recently, but sort of just tried to carry on as normal, then of course it all catches up with you.

After a night of drinking at the beer festival in Bristol, Rob managed to drag himself out of bed and make me a cup of tea and surprise me with the biggest bunch of flowers I've ever seen...perhaps all those hints of tulips being my favourite really paid off, as he gave me the most beautiful bouquet of french long stemmed tulips. Or I should say Theo did! After a bit of lie in we were made breakfast and then got ourselves together for a trip to Westonbirt Arboretum. We invited rob's mum along for the trip too and had a lovely walk around the trails and woods.

I've not visited this early in the year before, but it was exciting to see the trees waking up from winter, with the Camelias and rhododendrons just starting to bloom. Theo of course loved running around wielding sticks, climbing the low trees, darting under dens and balancing on tree stumps and logs. The weather wasn't as glorious as the previous weekend, but it was good to be out all the same breathing in the fresh air. We rewarded ourselves with a (slightly disappointing) lunch and pudding before making our way back home. 

It always surprises me that we only seem to visit these places once a year as we all enjoy ourselves so much. We promised once more to return in the summer with a picnic in hand to while away the long hot day. Whether this will happen remains to be seen, as does waiting for the elusive summer weather! 

As for mothers day itself, it still fills me with pride to be part of such a club of amazing women. Being able to celebrate the day with my own mum makes me feel incredibly lucky, and of course to watch my own son flourish is a gift enough. Theo kept asking all week whether it was mothers day, and kept on reminding me that it was coming up soon and he had to be extra nice to me. There were many a kisses planted on my cheek and declarations of love. Hope you all had as lovely a mothers day as me! 

 photo IMG_2916_zpscr3blcsm.jpg
 photo IMG_3004_zpsbhgnr9f7.jpg
 photo IMG_2983_zpsgq763zer.jpg
 photo IMG_2981_zpsggal1nei.jpg
 photo IMG_2966_zpspjvjw1rg.jpg
 photo IMG_2960_zpsskvgtbdb.jpg
 photo IMG_2948_zpsun8fzmrx.jpg
 photo IMG_2941_zpsaksyp4c4.jpg
 photo IMG_2929_zpsowlpc5q6.jpg
 photo IMG_2925_zps9y1apyny.jpg
 photo IMG_2917_zpstgrthnap.jpg
 photo IMG_2919_zpshanpbffh.jpg
 photo IMG_2903_zpsaldliwfr.jpg
 photo IMG_2891_zps1aaez32i.jpg
 photo IMG_3002_zpsjiz1fggv.jpg
 photo IMG_3009_zpsbne8blfj.jpg
 photo IMG_3006_zpszfzrnaiw.jpg
 photo IMG_3012_zpsrdlfqthv.jpg
 photo IMG_2961_zpso4u3hbgm.jpg
 photo IMG_2996_zps7owzgt8h.jpg
 photo IMG_2987_zpsvmtzvxs2.jpg
 photo IMG_2934_zpsfitzzpsd.jpg
 photo IMG_2921_zpssnl2dlgm.jpg
 photo IMG_3005_zpsuvbdfjgp.jpg photo IMG_2911_zpsvdjyiiwd.jpg
 photo IMG_2897_zpsms4lf2dp.jpg
 photo IMG_2928_zpspgudupof.jpg
 photo IMG_2975_zpsw3m85c23.jpg
 photo IMG_2965_zpsp28bva15.jpg
 photo IMG_2957_zpspqhdxe5c.jpg
 photo IMG_2991_zps32vjs1iu.jpg
 photo IMG_2950_zpsufsus4gp.jpg
 photo IMG_2980_zps8zrmaedf.jpg
 photo IMG_2954_zpsmshnorlk.jpg
 photo IMG_2894_zpsyuqj1hau.jpg

Comments

  1. Looks and sounds like a lovely day! We didn't go out as it was too cold but we did manage to swap our tables over and tidy the whole place, something which had it not had been Mother's Day I wouldn't have got Mr C to agree to ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cold totally took me by surprise! I felt like we'd been lulled into a false sense of security by the warm weather and then suddenly it was freezing again! I love how mothers day can be used as a bargaining tool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big bunch of tulips, how wonderful (I got some too). I've heard such good things about Westonbirt arboretum and this is just my kind of way to spend mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, i love Westonbirt and what a perfect place for a mothers day stroll :) We had a lovely mother day weekend a posh lunch out, followed by lots of lazy pottering about - perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Theo's jumper, he is such a well dressed kid. Looks like a beautiful place, I'm glad you had a good day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Westonbirt! We only go a few times a year and whenever we do go, I'm always surprised all over again by how amazing it is. What a lovely setting for celebrating motherhood. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Westonbirt is ace and I'm so loving your photos as always. You're looking gorgeous mama x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw thank you! It was a lovely place to visit - if not a bit cold!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me too, its one of those places we always say we should visit more but never quite get round to it! I guess it makes it more special when you do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you! I do have a soft spot for good jumpers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Was a perfect place, just a shame it wasn't as warm as a few weeks ago! Sounds like you had a perfect day too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw them! It is a lovely place!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Why not leave a comment?!

Popular Posts