Interior love: wooden floors

interior wooden flooring

I have an obsession with floors. There I said it. To me the flooring in a house is the first thing I notice, it would probably sway me and be a deciding factor when looking at a house to live in. In fact when we were looking at houses to buy we tested the floors to see if it would be possible to expose the floorboards. For me my dream house would contain perfect condition original oak flooring throughout, that would magically stay clean of course! 

When we bought our house we knew that the living room and the upstairs all had floor boards, but being covered in horrible carpet we had no idea what condition they were in. We were determined to rip the carpets up as soon as possible (like the day we got the keys...) as we were desperate to see what they were like! They were in good condition but had unfortunately been stained a horrible dark brown which even after several goes with a floor sander didn't really come off so we decided to paint them white. Now I'm a fan of white floor boards just as much as natural ones, and in fact I think it really helps to lighten up the room, especially as our living room is fairly dark. 

Our hallway was another matter though and we decided to go for laminate flooring as it was covered in old stained and ugly tiles! We looked into lots of different options from real hard wood flooring to lacquered engineered flooring and finally settled on white to match the rest of the floors. 

I'm always dreaming about what we can do next to our house, and our list of jobs is never ending. We've still got to paint half the living room floor I'm ashamed to admit! So of course I'm always looking to pinterest for inspiration. 

As you can see I love anything clean and simple, bright and natural. 

Follow Abigail's board Home sweet home  on Pinterest.
Follow Abigail Oliver's board Home sweet home on Pinterest.



interior wooden flooring
interior wooden flooring
interior wooden flooring
interior wooden flooring
interior wooden flooring
interior wooden flooring
interior wooden flooring
interior wooden flooring
interior wooden flooring
interior wooden flooring
interior wooden flooringAll images via Pinterest

This is a collaborative post 

Comments

  1. I've been crushing on wooden floors lately - praying that I find a house to rent that already has them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit I am a huge fan of wooden floors - I grew up in a house that had wooden flooring throughout and there is something really warming about it being under your feet and super stylish as well

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! We are trying to buying a flat at the moment and floorboards are a massive priority or the ability to lift the carpet. Our rented flat has HORRIBLE carpet which isn't great for my boyfriends allergies. And it's just ugly. I can't wait to have floorboards and lovely rugs. x Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! We used to have wooden flooring but when we moved to our new house could only afford laminate and it's just not the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to strip our floors and paint them white, such a good look. Also that top cat looks like one of mine! x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Why not leave a comment?!

Popular Posts