Smoothie love! Testing the Nutrilbullet

smoothie nutrilbullet healthy
So like most other human beings after a week or two of stuffing our faces with everything overly sweet and carborific we got to January and definitely felt the need to think about looking after our bodies a bit better. 

I've wanted to try and eat healthier and as I'm not much of a breakfast person I have always wanted to just try and have a juice or smoothie for breakfast and try and skip out the carbs that I'd usually consume in toast or cereal. We've only ever had a go at juicing once before, and found it a bit of a faff to do everyday, but I still really liked the idea of just having a healthy drink each morning. My sister then shined a light on the brilliance that is the Nutribullet

So here's how it works, instead of just taking the juice out of the fruit and vegetables and being left with a whole load of pulp the nutribullet is a high powered blender the extracts the nutrients out of the fruit and vegetables. The beauty of it is, is that you don't have to peel or faff around with what you're putting in, as the blade whizzes everything up so smoothly that nothing gets wasted. Which means all those nutrients in the skin of say a kiwi that you wouldn't normally eat, end up in there too.

Without sounding like a smug convert, I do really love it. And I am a bit of a smug convert. It's so easy to clean after, just by rinsing the blade, and shoving the cups in the dishwasher. We've had ours for about three weeks now, and have made a smoothies every morning for breakfast. 

It comes with lots of recipe ideas, but so far we have just been playing around and using whatever we have in the fridge to create different recipes. I like that it also comes with a milling blade, meaning that you can mill nuts and seeds to add to the smoothie for a health boost. We've definitely had a few not so great ones (that seem to resemble green baby poo...) and then some real winners! 

If anyone has a nutribullet already, or a juicer I'd love to hear some recipes that you love! 


smoothie nutrilbullet healthy
smoothie nutrilbullet healthysmoothie nutrilbullet healthy
smoothie nutrilbullet healthy

smoothie nutrilbullet healthy

We were gifted the Nutribullet to review, but all words, photos and proclaims of love are my own. 

Comments

  1. This looks great! I've been in to juicing too and i'm loving it. Just need to balance out al the fruit with veg as I didn't realise how much sugar I was consuming but all trial and error. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to get back into have breakfast smoothies instead of toast and peanut butter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have literally just decided today that I am going to buy a nutribullet so this was perfect timing! I really want to start exercising in the morning and I go light headed on an empty stomach so I'm hoping this is the answer! I love juicing so I'm sure smoothies will be just as gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard people rave and rave about nutribullet! I think I'm just going to have to give one a try. I'm tired of bitty smoothies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing, I'd love to give it a try. I love the idea of not having to peel things! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard amazing things about Nutribullets, we are thinking of getting a juicer but these seem a lot easier and quicker, and smaller! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have heard such great things about these Nutribullet - I want one - love the look of this smoothie

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Why not leave a comment?!

Popular Posts