Montessori at home

This week we made a fun little game using coloured sticks. Theo is a very visual child, and he likes puzzles and recognising objects so I thought this would be perfect for him.


First we had to paint our sticks which was a fun task in itself, then once dry I made a shape using a set of sticks, then I asked Theo to copy it on his own tray.


He managed the simple shapes really well, so I decided to see how he'd get on with different patterns of colours and shapes.</>



I was really impressed with the way he worked it out and it's amazing to see his logic develop! We tried a few more different combinations and tried out making letters too. </>

Comments

  1. great idea ..and i love that tray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea! baya would love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this is a great activity! I can't wait to see how F does with it. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah this looks like fun, I can't wait till E is old enough for things like this :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever lad, and what a brilliant idea! I love the colours in the pictures too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's fab! I'm going to try this with Indi this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea. This has so many endless possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! Will definitely have to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant idea, what a clever little chap x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like a fun idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea - looks like you had fun learning x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a lovely activity... I am sure we have sticks like this somewhere hidden away ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Why not leave a comment?!

Popular Posts