montessori at home

Today we did a simple, but pretty fun little activity. I usually have an idea of what I want to do, and then more times than not once Theo gets involved he creates new activity in itself.

Today I created a little shape puzzle. I used a large roll of paper and a box of wooden shapes that I picked up at a charity shop a long while ago, drew round them and then asked Theo to match the shapes.

Whilst I was drawing around the shapes (because I'm never organised to do it before hand!) Theo decided that he wanted to try and draw around the shapes too. After doing the puzzle he then decided to colour in the shapes, then just build a tower!

Comments

  1. we love playing with blocks too, we recently started drawing around our hands and feet too, so much fun :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I always love these posts, what a simple yet fun activity! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one is great, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is seriously a great idea - especially for getting them to play with older toys as the little man has seemed to have lost interest in his wooden shapes - going to try this this week :)

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Why not leave a comment?!

Popular Posts