montessori at home

A few days late I know, but I didn't want to become too predictable! We've just been so busy!

This week we looked at writing letters, as Theo's become quite obsessed with it lately, especially the letters for his name. So I set up a little copy and trace sort of activity and used some different textures, flour and lentils for him to draw in.

He picked it up really quickly, and I used alphabet flashcards randomly selected for him to copy. I would ask him what the letter was, and then to draw it. Theo can recognise all the upper case letters, but struggles with the lower case, so it was a good opportunity to focus on them.

It was a very fun, albeit very messy activity, that ended with us making hand and footprints in the flour, which then may have ended up all over the floor...

Comments

  1. ha!! messy but fun :D We do a similar activity but used coloured, scented salt :) great fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. as a tactile person myself, i LOVE the idea of texture and touch to learn letters, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun activities! I am storing all these up to do with my girls x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah what a fun thing to do! Love the one with lentils I think all that flour on the floor might make me freak out a bit, I need to let go and just get messy! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea, it's wonderful! Will have to keep It locked in my brain for when my smallest is a bit bigger! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea. I used to love doing similar with my older three but haven't yet with youngest so you have reminded and inspired me! As well as lentils, flour, sand and salt etc we also did the same with unscented shaving foam/squirty cream for a different texture. I would have to use squirty cream with Izzy as she would try and eat the foam! lol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is genius! Thank you so much for this series, I'm really really enjoying it x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks fun! Think I might have to leave off the flour though as it would end up everywhere!! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is such a great idea and so lovely to see he is taking an interest in letters. So simple and effective may try something like this at home :)

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Why not leave a comment?!

Popular Posts