a good book

We've had this book for quite a while now (note the bent corners and well turned pages!) but like with all our books, when we get a new one some get put to the back of the little book shelf and are not part of the current rotation. So we often neglect stories for a little while, but its great when you have a little rearrange and find an old favourite and re-read it all over again!

We rediscovered the joy of "The Train Goes" by William Bee the other evening and it's as great as it ever was. In fact now that Theo is older there is lots he can get out of the book, such as remembering the rhyme and spotting new things in the pictures.
I absolutely adore the illustrations, and it's such a fun book to read out loud as the pattern of the words follow the pattern of the train gathering speed and the noises of the journey. It's fun to try and read it as fast as you can and keep with the tempo! There are also a few fun things to spot on each page...

Linking up with Fritha!

”books”

Comments

  1. I'd forgotten about this book! We had it out of the library ages ago and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good one to go back to, I think it will always be a favourite!

      Delete
  2. I love William Bee! We have 'whatever' which I love but I've not come across this one, thanks for sharing and linking up. Will pin now! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oo haven't seen that 'whatever' book, will go and investigate! Thanks!

      Delete
  3. i am loving the look of that train!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the illustrations, I've heard of William Bee but don't have any of his books, I may have to fix this. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this before, looks great. I'm always on the lookout for new books as reading the same one over and over again gets pretty boring! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah yeh I know what you mean! Get this one, its amazing!

      Delete
  6. There is nothing better than a good book and this one looks great - so colourful and eye catching, your son is adorable by the way, great pics :)

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This would be fab for Talitha. She loves trains! Such a sweet-looking book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh it's great, it's got so many different parts to look at and is very fun!

      Delete
  8. Such a cool book, great colours and one of F's favourite subject matters ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love this books too and we also have 'and the cars go...' which has equally beautiful illustrations and is great fun to read aloud

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yeh I have seen the and the cars go, might try and look out for a copy!

      Delete
  10. This book looks awesome, I love the idea of the words speeding up with the tempo of the train. I think I've going to have to track down a copy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you definitely should, I'm going to check out more books by him too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Why not leave a comment?!

Popular Posts