this is summer

This last month has been glorious, waking up to clear blue skies every morning definitely is healing for the soul! But being the true Brit that I am, I have to complain and say that it might have been a tad too hot (see I'm a Spring girl at heart, and that won't ever change!) But even so we've been trying to enjoy the weather the best we can, because it probably won't stick around for too long. So here is a collection of what we have been up to these past few weeks. Its been so idyllic that I've got a huge backlog of photographs to show and posts to write...I'll get there one day!

We spent an afternoon on the beach in Newquay on our last day on holiday, the day the weather decided it would be glorious, obviously.


We visited family in Essex, walked the longest pier in the world at Southend, rode on rides at the fair, ate ice cream and had a bbq. I ran 10k, then we had a family picnic and attempted to fly a kite.


We cycled to a national trust (28 miles in one day!) near Bath, then visited again meeting up with the lovely Amy and Bertie. We flew kites, had a picnic and played on the tractor.


We've also enjoyed friends coming over for bbq's and enjoying the warm evenings in the garden, swimming with friends and lazy days at home.

What have you all been up to? I would love you hear about your recent summer adventures, what you've been up to enjoy the weather or even to try and keep cool! 

Comments

  1. Love that second shot of Theo with the bucket - gorgeous! And playing with the kite looks a LOT of fun! Well done you for the 10k too - I really want to get back into running - any tips?!x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Why not leave a comment?!

Popular Posts