quietness



It's been a little quiet over here this past week or so. I've been busy, we've been busy, Rob's been away and is away all weekend at his stag do.  We've been quiet, spending time with friends, working, gardening and keeping up with our usual day to day routines, and at the moment that seems like all I have time for, especially when it's just me looking after Theo all day and night.

I have a few things I want to write about here but it gets to the evening and I'm shattered and I don't feel like staring at the screen and trying to use my brain. Sometimes I find the blog is a great form of therapy and other times it seems to taunt me with yet another thing I need to do and tick off my list. I hate writing posts when I feel like I'm just writing them so that the gap between the posts doesn't seem so daunting. Other times there doesn't seem like enough time to write all that I want.

Also the wedding is getting nearer and I think it's stressing me out, I had my first big freak out on Monday, but had a good old cry over the phone to my sister and it helped. I feel like I haven't had a good cry in a long time, I can't remember the last time I did. Sometimes you do need a good old cry. I can't believe it's nearly July and the wedding is creeping closer and closer and yet there are quite a fair few things that still need organising, and suddenly you realise why people pay other people so much money to plan their wedding! I'm also incredibly jealous of Rob going on his stag do, and having a whole weekend off.

It's got to that time of year when my body and mind are screaming "I NEED a holiday!" But as luck would have it we are going on holiday. I'm driving down to Cornwall on Sunday with a good friend, where we'll ditch Theo (with Rob who is already in Cornwall) and run off to the Eden project to see Sigur Ros. The next day I'll say goodbye to my friend and then we'll be travelling to our holiday destination, where my sister will be joining us for a weeks holiday. I'm very excited. We're staying at Trevella Park  who have very kindly provided us with a caravan to stay in for a few days. I'm looking forward to walks on the beach, discovering what family adventures we can go on, and most importantly having a few lie ins! I've been to Cornwall a handful of times, when I was little and back nearly (yikes) 10 years ago when I finished my GCSE's so I can't wait to go back, and especially to go back as a family.

So it may continue to be a little quiet around here whilst we are away, but bear with me, I will be back at some point with a few more interesting things to say, I hope! 

Comments

Popular Posts