they're here!



So it's that time of year again, where I feel the need to point out every magnolia tree that we pass, where I make a mental map of each blossoming tree around and divert my journeys just to walk beneath them.


I don't know why I love them so, well I do, because they are beautiful, but there's something else too. For me they have always symbolised a time in my life where things change, and usually for the better. From the first signs of Spring I start looking out for them, and when I see the first buds appearing I can feel my mood lift slightly and I look forward to the coming weeks and watching them bloom. The magnolia blossom has helped me through some difficult periods of young adulthood and I think I'll always look out for them.

The arrival of the the magnolias also reminds me this time of year three years ago. As I was walking the other day and admiring a particularly handsome bloom I was reminded of the Spring of the last year of University, when the magnolia obsession hit it's peak. It was around that time that Rob and I met and became a couple. I then checked the date and suddenly realised that it was actually the day of our anniversary! We didn't really do anything to celebrate, but still it was a nice moment to remember the time we met and the beginning of our relationship. Three years isn't long, but it's been a journey for us that's for sure. I'm happy to be where we are today, and even though our wedding anniversary will be in September I will still always remember this time of the year for all that it brought us.


Comments

  1. Every blog I visit is filled with magnolia pictures and I have yet to upload mine! I agree they are beautiful and more than that they seem to symbolise life getting better. After the insanely long winter they were definitely an even more welcome sight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're pretty hard to resist aren't they? hurray for Spring at long last!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Why not leave a comment?!

Popular Posts