escape to the country

I was working on Saturday so we decided to make the most of our one day together on Friday and get out of the house. Luckily for us the weather decided to get it's act together too and join us for a jolly good day out in the countryside.

Last week I realised that I had managed to go about four days in a row without spending any money, which for me is a pretty big deal. We went out for walks to the park, visited friends at their houses and didn't buy any food when we were out and just good old fashioned stayed home and played. It's a pretty good feeling, I just wish I could go the whole hog like Hattie is! Maybe next year...but anyway this all has a point. We bought National Trust membership so we could have days out like this, that don't cost anything to get into on the day and if you take your own packed lunch (like we did) are pretty much free whilst you are there, unless of course you are swayed by a cream tea or a slice of cake like we were!

So we made sandwiches, packed ourselves in the car and drove the short distance to Tyntesfield, just outside of Bristol. And as usual the drive into the countryside made me heave a huge sigh of relief, and I felt happy and relaxed!


Unfortunately the house wasn't open, as it would have been great to have a look around whilst Theo slept, and we could have pretended that we were viewing it to buy again..and can you imagine living in a house like that? No big deal...But we had lots of fun walking and running around the grounds anyway. Even though the sun was out it was still a little chilly, but I can imagine in the summer this place will be the perfect place to come! We could have a picnic, walk around, play some games and just enjoy being outside in the country and away from the over crowded parks in the city.

Hooray for National Trust! 

Comments

  1. Beautiful - so different to what we'd find if we ventured out to the country! (Being in Australia.) Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeh I can imagine! Such a difference!

      Delete
  2. Ahhh I love Tyntesfield :) Looks like a lovely day. Huzzah for Spring, finally (i didn't wear a coat today AND sunglasses. I was giddy!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was my first time and i loved it! we should definitely meet up there in the Summer for picnics! x

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Why not leave a comment?!

Popular Posts