charity shop shopping

I make no secret of the fact I shop in charity shops. I love it and always have! Back when I was in college we used to scour our local town charity shops every week, and pretty much all my clothes were from them. I went through an 80's stage which at first probably started as a bit of joke, but then soon turned true obsession. I had the best collection of sparkly, shoulder-padded wonder blouses that you ever did see...come to think of it I wonder what happened to them?

Long before charity shopping became 'fashionable' and when people thought you were a bit weird for wearing clothes that people had probably died in I've been a massive fan of trawling through the rails and stumbling across hidden gems. I volunteered at a charity shop for a while just so I could get my hands on the best stuff first (oh and to you know donate my time to a worthy cause...obvs).  Nothing excites me more than finding a true proper charity shop these days, which are run by old ladies and there isn't a specific 'vinage rail' full of over priced clothes in sight. To me that takes the fun and enjoyment out of charity shop shopping in the first place! Anyway I'm not going to go on a full on rant because we might be here a while, so I thought I would share some of my recent finds. These are from our recent trip to Devon, and nothing screams good charity shop like those in small towns by the sea!


I love finding a good blouse in charity shops, probably the first place I search, then kids clothes, then bric a brac, then shoes then the rest. The floral dress I bought wasn't even on the shop floor, but I spied it in the back room right at the back and asked to see it. I tried it on, liked it, then discovered it had pockets and LOVED it.

So there you have it, quite a nifty haul and all for about £15! I hope to share some more of my finds in the future too! 

Comments

  1. Abbi, please can this be a regular feature - you inspire me to hunt a bit more. And those shirts! Oh, I'm so envious over the polka dot one. I'm off to search a bit harder and maybe try the more out of brighton village ones for turning up a few better gems that aren't over priced...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeh do it! Village and small towns are always the best! Will definitely make this regular, then it will make my spending seem a little more valid...

      Delete
  2. What great finds. Cambridge is full of charity shops but also students so they always seem to be stripped bare whenever I go. Need to get out to the villages more, really jealous of your haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the best charity shop in cambridge (if it's still there!) is the sally ann's on mill road (think that's what it was called or salvation army) used to go there all the time! But yeh smaller places are better, especially away from those pesky students!

      Delete
    2. Funny you should say that, its my favourite one too. Went there this morning after reading your blog post and scored some really nice plates. Thanks for the inspiration, just need to find a denim jacket like yours and I'll be a happy bunny.

      Delete
    3. oh i wish that denim jacket was for me! But alas it's a theo sized one! Yey glad you know that one too, it's a goodun!

      Delete
  3. Once the pox has left this house (Dex down, India current, Flo waiting!) then you must come over for another play date & you can help me search for some hidden gems! We have LOADS of charity shops in Bath! I'm with Sarah too, this must be a regular feature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no sorry to hear that everyone is ill, at least in a way if they all get it at once its over and done with right?! Probably not the best consolation! But yes definitely up for another Bath visit, and if it involved charity shops then all the better!

      Hope they all feel better soon xx

      Delete
  4. Pockets?! I am very jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so love! fabulous finds. xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Why not leave a comment?!

Popular Posts