me and him

zSMnAe on Make A Gif, Animated Gifs



Rob was working all this weekend so I decided that I would have a little adventure, just Theo and I. We haven't been to the Zoo for a while, well not this zoo for just over a year! So I scraped together some pennies and treated us to a day out!

Theo's obsession with animals is pretty big at the moment, so I thought he would enjoy going even more now that he is a lot more aware of where we are, and what he's seeing compared to when he was six months! He loved pointing at all the animals, saying 'oh look' and getting very excited. We saw the lions getting fed, went to see the baby giraffe and zebra, Theo did his elephant impression when we saw the rhinos, we went on a tractor ride, petted some donkeys, had a staring competition with some alpacas, watched the chimps play and had a picnic. It was a fun day, tiring, as someone wanted to be carried for most of it, but good. Once again it felt nice to be out doing something fun with my boy, without feeling self conscious that it was just me alone.


















I like these little outings that Theo and I share together, most of time in the week we go places where I meet up with friends or to playgroups, where as soon as I let him down he's off running around and playing, with the only the occasional wave back to me, or a whinge. So it's actually really nice to spend the day just me and him with no-one else. We can talk and share food, and he likes to point out all the things he sees. Not saying they're all rosy and great ALL of the time, he's still a whingebag, but on the whole we have a pretty good time together.

Comments

  1. Wow Theo is growing up so quickly he looks like such a big boy now! Scary how quickly they change!! Hattie is also Animal obsessed! Fabulous photos as always!! Especially the giraffe mask :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I know, everyone seems to have commented on how much he has grown and changed recently, think he must have had a growth spurt right under my nose and I didn't realise!

      Delete
  2. i took my baby girl to the zoo for the first time yesterday. It was so funny to see her reaction to all the animals. I think the monkey's took the cake :) You're boy is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the zoo is such a great place to take kids, and as they get older they will be able to get more and more out of it!

      Delete
  3. Actually scary, the one with the naughty face in the pushchair looks EXACTLY like me in the photo at mums.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Why not leave a comment?!

Popular Posts