Give thanks

I know I know, I'm not American, and we don't celebrate thanks giving, but after reading a few blogs about it, and especially this one, it got me thinking about the things I am thankful for, and instead of just thinking of them, I thought I would share them with you.



The most important things:

- Even though I complain that it's hard when Theo is ill with a cold, I am thankful that he is a happy, healthy normal baby. I cannot begin to imagine what it is like to care for your child with a severe or life threatening illness. So even though sometimes is it hard with a runny nose, it's no where near as hard as it could be.

- Rob may not be perfect (haha!) but he is perfect for me. And even though sometimes he gets on my nerves I am so glad he is here with me, and with us as a family. I wouldn't change him for the world.

- We may not have much money, or own our own house, or have all the things we could ever want, but I am so glad for what we do have. We are able to live in nice, safe places, eat good food (and go out occasionally for it!) and above all have a roof over our head, clothes and warmth. Sometimes it's important to remember that a lot, a lot, of people don't even have a fraction of what we do, and we are extremely lucky.

- I am thankful for my family, and Robs family too. Everyone has been so helpful, giving and patient with us and our situation, and I really don't know where we'd be without them.

-Friends, new and old. Without them I'd be a blithering wreck by now! But thanks to old friends for still being there even though my life has changed quite a bit, and new friends for going through the whole baby thing together.

So that's the serious, most obvious things I should be grateful for, here are a few daily things that make me thankful:

- burgers
- clean washing
- moving house
- autumn walks
- lemon, ginger and honey tea
- Theo's sweet little laugh
- dinner being cooked for me
- cuddles on the sofa
- cold weather
- sleeping with two separate duvets

There are tons more, but I don't want to bore you!

Comments

  1. So true! And all those things are the most important things in life! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Why not leave a comment?!

Popular Posts