8 months

So today Theo is eight months old!

Who'd have thought that he would have arrived at this age with a stinking cold and lots of teeth coming through?

But I'm glad we've made it all the same! Over the weekend at my mums we were discussing what Theo used to be like, but it saddens me that I can't actually clearly remember it all. I can sort of remember his first smiles, how he used to sleep on my chest and how perfectly he fitted there, him kicking his legs about naked on the changing table and when he first started to roll over.

But it's all going so fast. There are so many great moments that are long gone, and we're never going to get them back. I know there are so many new exciting things that are going to break my heart over and over in the future, but sometimes I miss my tiny bundle. I miss the smallness and the cuddliness and the feed and fall asleep on me anywhere-ness. I miss my newborn!

But onwards we go! So here we are Theo, welcome to 8 months old!

Dear Theo, in the last month or so you have grown and changed so much. You are bounding about and investigating everything and I love to see your little face working things out. It's so easy to make you laugh and you do a lot. You are the happiest baby I have ever met! When you are surrounded by other babies you smile at them and don't ever hesitate to make friends. You have such a warm heart already!

You make me laugh all the time and you are constantly getting into mischief. But at the end of the day when you've worn yourself out your sleeping face melts my heart! It's been tough for you these last few weeks what with all your new teeth and new skills you have been learning, but I'm so proud of you! You are turning into a proper little person who I feel privileged to spend everyday with!
You are repeating da da da all the time, but I'm convinced this is just noise and not a word, until this changes to ma ma ma ma of course! But you now follow me around and show me when you want me to pick you up, it's very sweet. Your eating skills are so much better and currently you are obsessed with baby sweetcorn!

And lastly I just can't believe how big and handsome you are now! But we all knew that already...

I love you more everyday, my baby boy


Comments

Popular Posts