Reality check point

I guess this happens sometimes, but today I was struck by a moment where you realise what your life is like at that current moment, and how you could have never of imagined it would end up that way!

This time last year I had just finished University, we knew I was pregnant, but hadn't told anyone. People kept on asking what my plans for after Uni were, and all I could do was shrug my shoulders and say I hadn't planned anything yet, all the while knowing there was a little bean growing inside of me who was about to change my life forever.

And now a year on, he is here, and my life is very different from the one I would have imagined I would be leading a year after Uni.

It's a rainy Sunday and as I was getting up with Theo to change his nappy, I looked outside and realised that I had left my washing outside, that had perfectly dried in the warm weather yesterday, and was now soaked again. This isn't stuff of major revelations, but it made me realise that this is sort of what my life is now, not that that is a bad thing! Rob and I live in this quiet little bubble, our evenings consist of bathing Theo, putting him to bed and eating dinner. We have a bit of time to spend together in the evenings which is really lovely. My week consists of meeting with other mummys and going to silly classes, that consist of singing nursery rhymes and playing with toys. I do like this life, it makes me happy, and Theo really is the best thing to happen to me, and can't imagine life without him now. But I wonder how it changed so quickly from the one I knew before!

I honestly don't know what I would be doing now if I hadn't of got pregnant. I didn't have any really plan or calling after I finished university. Perhaps I would have tried to do something more along the photography lines, but who knows what, that something I need to figure out for the future. I do eventually want to get back into some aspects of my old life, such as art and photography, but I have no idea how!

Anyway I'm not really sure of the point of this post, but for now I'm quite happy playing this sort of housewife role, with the little baby and kitten in our lovely little flat!


(But I must get better at getting the washing in evidently) 

Comments

Popular Posts