Birth plans

Oh dear, it's been a while again hasn't it?

So we are moving in 2 days! Only two days! I can't believe how quickly it has come around! We haven't even started packing anything, well Rob packed a few dvd's this morning, but then we realised that we didn't actually have any boxes, so that kind of put a stop to our progress..

...

We've had a few ups and downs recently regarding money worries, mainly a few bad nights sleeps, and a conversation gone wrong, but hopefully things will all be ok. The main problem is, is that because I am not working full time, I do not have the money to cover my share of the rent and deposit, plus all the other things we have had to buy or will be buying. This means that it's fallen on Rob (as well as my parents) to help me out with the rest. Even though this is the reality of the situation, sometimes I guess it's hard to adjust to the change, and to accept that that's the way it's going to be for the meantime, but hopefully not forever. I need to be a bit more sympathetic sometimes towards these feelings of change, because it's hard when things don't turn out how you thought they would.

...

Other than this I went to my midwife appointment today, everything is ok still, just had to have more blood taken because of my slightly low platelets. I discussed a sort of birthing plan with them, because as of yet I hadn't talked to anyone about it. I was thinking that because the new flat doesn't have a bath, that perhaps I would try and borrow a birthing pool from someone, for early labour. This is because I've heard that being in water through early labour is really soothing and helps with pain relief, and I want this! So I was thinking that if everything was 100% ok with pregnancy and labour, I might as well try and stay at home and have the baby there, in the pool. I know that is quite ambitious for my first birth, but the hospital is always there if things don't go quite according to plan. I haven't planned on getting an epidural or anything, just using gas and air, so it might work out ok! It would be quite exciting to have the baby at home!

Also recently I have been experiencing more aches and pains in my body, particularly in my bum, on the left side. I spoke to the midwife about it and she says it sounds like sciatica, which is the sciatic nerve in your pelvis, that often plays up during pregnancy. A few people I know have it, and it can get really bad, where you can't move. I really hope it doesn't develop any more, because it's already quite painful when it happens!

...

So not much else to report on, other than a quick picture of my growing belly


Look at my delightful stretch marks. Bugger Bugger Bugger.

So you might not hear from me in a few days, as we won't have internet connection for a while, but I'll try and update as soon as possible, and document the move! I will probably go and sit in one of the LOVELY cafes around by our new flat and blog from there!

Ciao Darlings!

Comments

  1. You look like you could go 'pop'. Skype please very soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. hii, we're going to do the cast when we move, maybe tomorrow night!

    skype tonight? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working till 9.30, you back after then?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Why not leave a comment?!

Popular Posts