Postcards from Devon, part one

 photo IMG_4252_zps8leabhzb.jpg

So I seemed to have taken an unplanned little holiday from the blog, but truth be told I feel like I've been so busy that it all just seems to slip to the wayside, typical as I have tons I want to share with you! I've probably got lots to share with you as we've been so busy doing exciting things, which is always good. I feel since the beginning of spring I've woken from my hibernation, ready to see people and get out of the house and the city and get back to what I enjoy most. Seeing old friends, staying with family, being by the sea and in the fresh air, remembering what it is to be me and just enjoying time with those closet to me. I'm not sure whether I've made myself keep busy over the past month or so as I knew it would be quite emotional, but I've managed somehow to do it and surround myself with people I love and who understand me, and for that I'm really grateful. There has been lots of catching up and that comfort of knowing that friendships don't change even though your lives do, has been really reassuring. I'm starting to feel a little bit more like me.

Anyway, I'm not entirely sure where that came from, but it seemed to flow onto the keys without me realising! So since the Easter holidays we have been travelling here, there and everywhere, and whilst I remember I'm going to try and share some snippets of those trips. 

Now any long time readers of this blog will know the little love affair I have with Devon, and I'm afraid to say that it's not going to go away any time soon, so soz, you'll just have to deal with the millions of pictures that it urges me to make whilst I'm there. Staying with Rob's grandparents feels like staying in a little holiday home, its always so comfortable and we are made to feel so welcome. I love the little adventures we plan to do together and I know Theo loves it too. 

This time I travelled down to Teignmouth on my own, meeting my mum at Rob's grandparents to hand over Theo after his weekend away camping (so we could get down to some serious d.i.y)  We took a little walk to the beach to show my mum the seafront before saying our goodbyes. Rob wouldn't be joining us for a few days whilst he was back at work. The next day we set off early to travel on the Dartmouth steam train, which involved a ride from Paignton and a ferry ride over to Dartmouth along the beautiful coast line. The journey one the strain and the ferry were of course hugely exciting, and we spent the afternoon looking around the quaint town, browsing in charity and book shops, eating delicious ice cream before heading back on the return journey. Perfect! 

 photo IMG_4253_zpsmg8h5o3n.jpg
 photo IMG_4254_zpsplg8q4y2.jpg
 photo IMG_4255_zpsf7txkik4.jpg
 photo IMG_4284_zpsh55zbkhy.jpg
 photo IMG_4272_zpsyod67m9u.jpg
 photo IMG_4286_zpsf072ru5n.jpg
 photo IMG_4309_zpsn1gh6ayv.jpg
 photo IMG_4298_zpsgkqmiywh.jpg
 photo IMG_4300_zpssz8it5d2.jpg
 photo IMG_4306_zpslsno9wec.jpg
 photo IMG_4314_zpscolmewvc.jpg
 photo IMG_4307_zpsc459kf4h.jpg
 photo IMG_4316_zpshllwn7zl.jpg
 photo IMG_4322_zpscg4yzzru.jpg
 photo IMG_4328_zps9xyfmwa6.jpg
 photo IMG_4329_zpslt61sx0s.jpg
 photo IMG_4335_zpsmsn1mrkh.jpg
 photo IMG_4332_zpslfbwgrs6.jpg
 photo IMG_4336_zpsgbaxfwcm.jpg
 photo IMG_4333_zpsi0bjnvax.jpg
 photo IMG_4342_zps0kfgmzph.jpg
 photo IMG_4338_zpsymsltqbq.jpg photo IMG_4357_zpsasmsnlw0.jpg
 photo IMG_4341_zpskjk1hcvh.jpg
 photo IMG_4355_zpsz8p9inc9.jpg
 photo IMG_4365_zpsuw2ceb8q.jpg
 photo IMG_4369_zpskn16ue8p.jpg
 photo IMG_4370_zpstuqoeu9c.jpg

Comments

Popular Posts